Policy on Academic Performance, Progression, and Dismissal in the College of Engineering
Students in the College of Engineering will conduct themselves in a professional manner in their interaction with their peers, faculty, staff and the community in general. A student may be dismissed from the college for inappropriate conduct (please refer to the Code of Student Conduct).
Each semester, students are required to take engineering foundation courses and/or prerequisites to the engineering foundation courses until all foundation courses are successfully completed. Successful completion is a 2.5 GPA for all engineering foundation courses with a C or better in each course.
Successful completion of the foundation courses is required for enrollment in all 3000 and 4000 level courses.
A student will graduate with a degree in Biomedical Engineering, provided the following conditions are satisfied:
- The student has an overall GPA ≥ 2.0
- The student has a GPA of 2.5 in Biomedical Engineering Foundation courses and all have been passed with a grade of C or better.
- The student has a GPA ≥ 2.0 in all degree major courses including but not limited to, engineering, math, sciences, laboratory sciences and technical electives.
- The student has completed all required courses in the student’s degree plan.
- The student has satisfied all College of Engineering and UNT criteria for graduation.
A student must maintain good academic standing within the university. Please see “Academic status” and “Regulations governing students under academic suspension” in the Academics section of this catalog.”