Jan 17, 2019  
2017-2018 Undergraduate Catalog 
2017-2018 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

New College

Main Office
Hurley Administration Building, Room 306
(Temporary location)

Mailing address:
1155 Union Circle #311190
Denton, TX 76203-5017

Web site: https://www.unt.edu/locations


Degree programs in the New College require specific courses contained in parts of the University Core Curriculum (see “University Core Curriculum Requirements” in the Academics section of this catalog) to satisfy particular degree requirements. Students may consult academic advisors for a list of required courses. Students may be required to take extra courses if they fail to take these courses.

Academic advising

Students who select a major leading to an undergraduate degree within the New College should contact the Office of Student Services regarding advising.

Advisors help students select courses and answer questions concerning degree plans, application of transfer credit, individual career needs, and general academic requirements, policies and procedures.

Programs of study

The college offers undergraduate programs in the following areas:

  • Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences

New College degree requirements

Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences

Degree requirements for the BAAS

  1. Hours required and general/college requirements: A minimum of 120 semester hours, of which 42 must be advanced, and fulfillment of degree requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree as specified in the “General University Requirements” in the Academics section of this catalog and the New College requirements.
  2. Major requirements: Completion of all requirements for the major as specified by the respective program.
  3. Other course requirements: See individual program.
  4. Minor requirements: No minor required.
  5. Electives: Varies with individual program. Any approved UNT courses the student and advisor deem appropriate to the degree may be selected. Caution must be exercised to ensure the student fulfills the university requirement of 42 hours of advanced-level course work.
  6. Other requirements: At least 24 hours of upper-division work in residence.

Note: A lower-level transfer course that is determined to be equivalent to a UNT upper-level course does not satisfy the requirement for advanced hours.